Wednesday 15 August 2012

Pretty flowers

I bought these cyclamens on the Mother's Day weekend. Only $12!

I love how they are still going strong months later!



The colours just kill me.


I am a sucker for flowers in any shape or form, but these ones have been so rewarding!

I haven't tried growing Cyclamens before so this will be a test to see if they survive until next winter. Apparently, once they have finished flowering you put them on their side (in the pot) under a shady tree for summer and they flower again. I will test this theory out to see if they survive a hot dry summer here.

There were so many colours I found it hard to pick one!

This one is a winner for me as it it similar to a magnolia flower and I absolutely love magnolias. We can't grow magnolias here as it is way too hot, so this is compensation in a way.

Feeling very spring-like today and I can tell it about to get warm quickly so I really need to get stuck into the painting before it is stinking hot in a couple of months.

I have been fiddling with my blog title and header. I think it looks so much better now. I am learning as I go along so if anything looks silly, I am open to lots of feedback.

Spring is definitely in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment