Saturday 5 October 2013

Catch up post


I have been rather slack on the blog front, I feel rather guilty for neglecting it so much. But life goes on, and we get busy with other things. And before I knew it it turned into October and the blog is the last job on the list of things to do.




I took some pics in the garden as the crab apple came into bloom. I love this blossom sprouting from the trunk.






I love spring and all the flowers it brings forth. But not the weeds.....




Black and green, I never get sick of that colour combo!




The archway was looking particularly green and fluffy. White Jasmine on this one.






We put a new fence up. And this is the top of the gorgeous old gate we are using as the entrance to the orchard.

The poddy calves won't be able to graze in my garden now with my new fence.





The avenue of Chinese Elms were looking pretty good after mowing under them, and a good prune...





I said goodbye to my pram. I loved this pram to bits! Bought it for my first baby H (who is now 11)  and it has seen two more babies arrive after him, and it was time to go. Now that little N is 4 and a half - it was way past time.

I gave it to a friends who needed it for their first baby. I think they will love it just as much as I did. The suspension it has is amazingly smooth, and they are pretty expensive these days. Doubled in price since I bought this one.




Our new puppy Pete the Border Collie. He has fit in quickly after Ted. He is insanely keen to work. He will round up butterflies, birds, and kids. He hasn't been trained to work cattle of sheep yet, but he is showing lots of promise and enthusiasm.




Border Collies are so intelligent and active. I can't imagine anyone owning one in the city, they would go insane. Pete would anyway!









Finishing off with a purple sky the other night. Love this beautiful weather, it's perfect!

2 comments:

  1. Ah the serenity! ;-) Such a beautiful calming property you have. The gardens are gorgeous! Glad that Pete is settling in well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have been exactly the same, my poor blog. Pete is beautiful, there is no nicer dog than a friendly border collie. Your garden is looking great. We have been ripping ours apart finally looks more cottage and less jungle. Still a way to go, let's hope it doesn't get to hot to soon so that I can make use of what we have and transplant a few things. I'm not keen to spend to much as we don't plan to stay here long.

    ReplyDelete